Retul Bike Fitting
A Retul Bike Fit is for everyone who wants to ride faster, further in more comfort. Get your bike custom fitted to your unique physique for the optimum balance of comfort, power and aerodynamics. A balanced position enables you to push harder, for longer with less chance of injury. Correct bike fit demands attention to far more detail than sizing or basic set up processes.
BikeFit- Existing Bike
- Warm up
- Q & A around your history and goals
- Flexibility assessment
- Initial 3D motion capture
- Current position discussion & proposed changes
- Adjustments to bike/pedal/foot interface
- Further 3D motion capture
- Before/After position video comparrision
- 12 point measurement process
- Preparation of complete fit report
- Only going aftercare as required
"Lode Excalibur" New Bike Fit
If your considering a new purchase we can perform your Retul bike fit on the Lode Excalibur adjustable bike to ensure your new bike fits perfectly. This includes:
- As per existing bike but over two sessions
- The first resulting in a fit report containing bike makes, models and sizes from the market place specifically suited to your flexibility, morphology and cycling goals
- Another session post purchase to dial in your optimum position.
Why BikeFit With Chelmer Cycles & Retul?
Through this experience and years of studying & riding, we know we can set you up on your bike for maximum efficiency and comfort. We are teamed up with the University of Essex Human Performance Unit to offer the full Retul 3D Bike Fit. The Retul 3D motion capture bike fitting system uses infra-red LEDS placed on the rider at specific biomechanical reference points. A 3D scanner measures the location of each LED 29 times per second whilst the rider is in motion and under load. The accuracy of each measurement is to within a millimetre. Typically the measurements are taken over a 15 second period from the side and the front simultaneously. The resulting data informs the fitter of the most realistic body position and pedal stroke the rider adopts whilst riding for real on the road or trail. Such detailed data enables the fitter to adjust and tailor your bike to fit your body's optimal biomechanical range. This reduces stress on joints and enables muscles to work with maximum efficiency. This dynamic assessment gives feedback as to how the body reacts and interacts in biomechanical motion. This results in, quite simply, a better bike fit. British Cycling, the Sky cycling team, and many pro mountain bike riders and triathletes choose Retul as their bike fit system.
|Full Retul 3D dynamic bike fit (existing bike)||£150|
|Full Retul 3D dynamic bike fit (new bike)||£170|